[Corpora-List] FW: Gender differences in language

Emiliano Guevara emiliano.guevara at unibo.it
Sun Mar 30 00:25:22 UTC 2008

Dear Corpora list members,

please, do consider moving private (and lengthy) conversations to a
private space!
All you have to do is avoid CCing corpora at uib.no unless necessary.

Just to give a recent annoying example, since I am not interested in
anyone's grandchild stories, and since I am not interested in
anyone's opinion on Neuro Linguistic Programming, why do I have to
get them with corpora...???

This list has already had problems with threads that were hotly
debated only by a very restricted number of users, and which were
just annoying to the rest of the members.

Please, try to find a balance between your logorrheic impulses and
the aims of a public information space: some people make interesting
questions, others give pertinent answers. Anything beyond this simple
schema is private!

Emiliano R. Guevara
Facoltà di Lingue e Lett. Straniere
Dip. di Lingue e Lett. Straniere
Università di Bologna
Via Cartoleria 5 (40124) Bologna, Italia