[Corpora-List] distances between languages based on phonostatistics

J Washtell lec3jrw at leeds.ac.uk
Sat May 3 13:54:36 UTC 2008

Hello,

I don't know much about this area, but as coincidence would have it, I
have been  stumbling across quite a few references to "Linguistic
Distance" in my recent searches. A quick search for "Linguistic
Distance", with "Phonology" or "Phonological" in Google reveals the
following which seem revelant to you:

http://www.sandersn.com/cipaper.pdf

http://www.let.rug.nl/~heeringa/dialectology/papers/cph97.pdf

http://www.let.rug.nl/~heeringa/dialectology/thesis/thesis.pdf

http://www.aclweb.org/anthology-new/W/W06/W06-1101.pdf

I expect you're way way ahead of me, but just in case this should help :-)

Kind regards,

Justin Washtell
University of Leeds