[Corpora-List] Seeking projects using internet volunteers for annotation

Corina Forascu corinfor at info.uaic.ro
Mon May 12 15:11:31 UTC 2008

Francis Tyers wrote:
> El vie, 09-05-2008 a las 15:44 +0300, Corina Forascu escribió:
>> Hello Ed, all
>>
>> In the Univ. of Iasi, Romania, we have such a project (dedicated to and
>> written in the Romanian language, https://consilr.info.uaic.ro/edtlr/ ),
>> even if it is not exactly about annotation (but about correcting scanned
>> Romanian dictionary pages). The effort needed for these corrections is
>> huge and we also need volunteers.
>>
>> Therefore I am kindly asking you (and especially the Romanian members of
>> the corpora list) about such similar efforts to get and encourage
>> volunteers to correct data over the Internet.
>>
>> thank you,
>> Corina
>> http://thor.info.uaic.ro/~corinfor/
>
> I'll pass this along to my Romanian colleagues, might we know what
> licence the resulting corrected scans will be released under? (For
> example GPL-compatible so it could be used in dexonline.ro -- which I
> believe is a collaborative effort)
>
> Regards,
>
> Fran

Our project is still at its beginning and due to the very various
resources that we'll use, their status (esp. wrt. to license) is yet to
be decided among the members of the project and other parts involved. We
still need to clarify the type of IPR of the resources we use.. some
advice from people having experience with such kind of work would be
very helpful..

best,
Corina