[Corpora-List] "Multi-encoded" corpora

Linas Vepstas linasvepstas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 00:59:29 UTC 2008

Hi,

2008/10/6 Albretch Mueller <lbrtchx at gmail.com>:

>  It looks like this
> ~
> <applet code=Geometry codebase="../../Geometry" archive=Geometry.zip
> height=250 width=250>
>  <param name=e[3] value="disk;circle;radius;O,P;0;0;0;random">
> . . .
>  <param name=e[21] value="B1;point;first;Bpar;0;0">

Comes off as yet-another non-standard encoding
for graphics. I'd stick to established standards.

The "standard", commonly accepted way of embedding
line-drawings these days is "SVG", the scalable vector
graphics format. The goal of SVG is to avoid the multitudinous
difficulties with postscript/pdf, the defacto popular format.

--linas