[Corpora-List] software semantic similarity between texts

Eric Atwell eric at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Oct 20 14:37:38 UTC 2008

WordNet::Similarity (http://wn-similarity.sourceforge.net/)
"... is a Perl module that implements a variety of semantic similarity
and relatedness measures based on information found in the lexical
database WordNet."

There are versions in Java http://grid.deis.unical.it/similarity/
and http://nlp.shef.ac.uk/result/software.html
and Python (NLTK):
http://nltk.org/doc/api/nltk.wordnet.similarity-module.html

Eric Atwell, Faculty of Engineering, LEEDS University, Yorkshire

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008, Antonio Toral wrote:

> Dear Corpora members,
>
> I'm looking for some software that computes semantic similarity between small
> texts (e.g. wordnet glosses, dictionary definitions). I am aware of simFinder
> but it seems that is not available anymore. Does anyone know about any
> available software to do this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> --
> Antonio Toral
>
> Istituto di Linguistica Computazionale
> Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
> Area della Ricerca di Pisa
>
> http://www.dlsi.ua.es/~atoral/

Eric Atwell,
  Senior Lecturer, Language research group, School of Computing,
  Faculty of Engineering, UNIVERSITY OF LEEDS, Leeds LS2 9JT, England
  TEL: 0113-3435430  FAX: 0113-3435468  WWW/email: google Eric Atwell