[Corpora-List] (no subject)

Scott A. Crossley sacrossley at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 13:38:31 UTC 2008

Try the Linguistic Inquiry and Word Count Software (LIWC).

It is basically a semantic categorization tool that includes categories for
positive and negative emotions as well as many  others (fear, anxiety,
etc...).

That might help a bit.

It is not free, but if you send your texts to the James Pennebaker (the main
PI), I think he will run the analysis for you. The tool itself is about
$100.

http://www.liwc.net/

Scott Crossley, Ph.D.
Linguistics/TESOL