[Corpora-List] Syntactic Parser for German

Sandra Kuebler skuebler at indiana.edu
Wed Oct 22 14:37:53 UTC 2008

Hi,

That mostly depends on how you define 'robust' and what kind of
spoken data you work with. My suggestion would be to use either lopar
or bitpar. These are trainable parsers, developed by Helmut Schmid
(Stuttgart) and can be downloaded from the following webpages:

http://www.ims.uni-stuttgart.de/tcl/SOFTWARE/LoPar.html
http://www.ims.uni-stuttgart.de/tcl/SOFTWARE/BitPar.html

Then you could train them on the Tuebingen Treebank for Spoken German
(developed in Verbmobil, i.e. you get dialog data), which you get for
free after signing the license from the following webpage:

http://www.sfs.uni-tuebingen.de/en_tuebads.shtml

You would have to write your own scripts to extract the grammar from
this treebank, though.

Sandra

On Oct 22, 2008, at 9:07 AM, Olga Pustylnikov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> does anybody know a robust syntax parser for German preferably
> applicable to spoken data?
>
> --
> Olga Pustylnikov
>
> Universität Bielefeld
> Fakultät für Linguistik und Literaturwissenschaft
> Universitätsstraße 25
> D-33615 Bielefeld
>
> http://ariadne.coli.uni-bielefeld.de/pustylnikov/
> olga.pustylnikov at uni-bielefeld.de