[Corpora-List] Japanese morphological chunker/parser

Francis Bond fcbond at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 13:14:12 UTC 2008

2008/9/27 Michiel Kamermans <mkamerma at science.uva.nl>

> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for a more up-to-date morphological parser for Japanese
> (idealy, freeware). I've been using ChaSen for a while now, but it's
> getting a bit dated, especially without anyone actively developing it.

ChaSen is actively maintained, the latest chasen-2.4.4  was on
2008-07-23 13:17.

The official replacement.new version is MeCab, and ChaSen's
predecessor Juman is also actively maintained.

> Does anyone have a better suggestion?

I found very little difference between in tag accuracy between ChaSen
and Mecab when I tested them both last year.  Mecab is faster though.

--
Francis Bond <http://www2.nict.go.jp/x/x161/en/member/bond/>
NICT Language Infrastructure Group