[Corpora-List] how developing a lexicon

Eros Zanchetta eros.zanchetta at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 11:17:54 UTC 2009

Dear Farhad,

if you're building a lexicon from scratch, you might be interested in
the paper:

Eros Zanchetta and Marco Baroni (2005) Morph-it! A free corpus-based
morphological resource for the Italian language, proceedings of Corpus
Linguistics 2005, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
(http://sslmit.unibo.it/~eros/downloads/Morph-it.pdf).

It describes a method for the rapid creation of a lexicon using a
mixture of corpus based techniques and manual checking. We created an
Italian lexicon, but the method may be applied to other languages too.

Best,
Eros Zanchetta