[Corpora-List] Summary: Studies of spelling error frequency in journalistic text

Nicola Bertoldi bertoldi at fbk.eu
Thu Dec 3 14:41:15 UTC 2009

I am going to do some investigation to improve machine translation
when it is applied to texts corrupted by misspellings of any sort (non-word, real-word errors).

In this preliminary phase I am collecting information about the spelling correction task
and other applications and tasks which involves spelling correction.

In particular, I am interested in
- surveys about the task
- statistics about the most common misspellings in texts of different languages and different genres
- public available software for spelling correction
- available corpora of noisy texts
- any further resources which is possibly useful for my topic

Thanks!

Nicola