[Corpora-List] Machine Translation and Spelling Correction

Alexander Murzaku lissus at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 14:48:20 UTC 2009

You should definitely look at this page:
http://norvig.com/spell-correct.html

<http://norvig.com/spell-correct.html>I have worked for many years with
spell-checkers that have been or are OEM-ed by all the biggest software
providers. However, I have found the information in this site quite complete
and up-to-date. Beside the 21 lines of Python code, it has links to most
applications and theories on spell-checkers.

I would only add the use of FST/FSM based dictionaries and morphological
engines (Xerox PARC/Inxight and Teragram) in spell-checkers.

Hope this helps,

Alex