[Corpora-List] Ongology imports in Protege

iva at lml.bas.bg iva at lml.bas.bg
Wed Dec 9 15:49:46 UTC 2009

Dear list members,

I'm trying to model an ontology describing the knowledge of specific
domain collection of documents and I'm using Protege 3.4 for this purpose.
I want to use the Dublin Core metadata ontology properties in order to
annotate my objects. The Protege tutorial says that in order to annotate
classes and other ontology entities with the Dublin core elements and
other Dublin Core Meta Data Terms the Dublin Core Meta Data ontology (DC
Ontology) must be imported.

My question is the following: Why is it necessary to import the ontology?
Isn't it enough only to add a new namespace?

I want to use the terms from the ontology only as references not to do
reasoning on them nor to expand them.

Thanks in advance,
Ivelina Nikolova