[Corpora-List] POS-tagger maintenance and improvement

Vlad Gojol gojol at langos.ro
Wed Feb 25 16:53:24 UTC 2009

Adam Kilgarriff wrote:
> We would dearly like
> to be in a dialogue with the developers of the POS-tagger and/or the
> relevant language models so the tagger+model could be improved in
> response to our feedback.
> However it seems, for the taggers and
> language models we use (mainly TreeTagger, also CLAWS) and also for
> other market leaders, all of which seem to be from Universities, the
> developers have little motivation for continuing the improvement ...

   Good day to All.

   Maybe you haven't chosen the best. The sentence that "all
seem to be from Universities" looks a bit forced, especially
when followed by the remark that they "have little motivation
for improvement". In industry, products are usually improved
during years.
   Take a look at Connexor, Xerox or Langos ( our site is
www.langos.ro ). We even encourage our customers to report
systematic errors, to spare us some data gathering work.
   Regards,
            Vlad Gojol

Vlad Gojol
General Manager