[Corpora-List] CALL FOR POSTERS: ASTON CORPUS CONFERENCE FOR POSTGRADUATE RESEARCHERS

Elizabeth Tanguay tanguaye at aston.ac.uk
Wed Mar 25 16:10:47 UTC 2009

***Apologies for any cross-postings***

***New***

CALL FOR POSTERS: **DEADLINE 20th April 2009**

ASTON CORPUS CONFERENCE FOR POSTGRADUATE RESEARCHERS,

Sponsored by ISLS
Institute for the Study of Language and Society,
School of Languages and Social Sciences,
Aston University, Birmingham, UK

http://corpus.aston.ac.uk/postgraduate_conference.html

Call for posters
As we received many more abstracts than expected this year and the
abstracts were of a very high standard, we have decided to hold a poster
session in addition to the presentations at the Aston Corpus Conference
for Postgraduate Researchers 2009. We are therefore delighted to open a
call for additional posters and are currently accepting submissions. In
addition to new submissions for posters, we also invite all presenters
whose abstracts have already been accepted to display posters and to take
this opportunity to chat informally to other participants about their
work.

 New submissions for posters, in the form of an abstract written in
English, of max 300 words (with bibliographical references) should be sent
by 20 April 2009 to tanguaye at aston.ac.uk. The preferred file formats are
.doc and .pdf. Author's name, affiliation, and contact details should be
provided in a separate attachment. Posters can focus on any corpus-related
topic. Those students who have already been accepted to present at the
conference will not need to apply separately, but should inform us by 20
April if they do want to present a poster.  Authors of accepted posters
will be notified by 1 May 2009.

The objective of the Corpus Conference for Postgraduate Researchers,
organized by the ACORN project team of the School of Languages and Social
Sciences at Aston University, is to enable postgraduates to present their
corpus-related research in a friendly environment.

********************
THE ASTON CORPUS CONFERENCE FOR POSTGRADUATE RESEARCHERS,
will be followed by the ASTON CORPUS SYMPOSIUM: FRIDAY 22 MAY 2009

http://acorn.aston.ac.uk/symposium.html

After two very successful events in 2007 and 2008, Aston Corpus Symposium
returns for its third year in 2009. The Symposium aims to bring together
experts in various corpus-related fields. The programme will consist of
presentations by distinguished speakers in the field.

Confirmed Speakers:
•  Silvia Bernardini (University of Bologna, Italy)
•  Nick Groom (University of Birmingham)
•  Adam Kilgarriff (Lexicography MasterClass)
•  Ramesh Krishnamurthy (Aston University, Birmingham)
•  David Oakey (University of Birmingham)
•  Ute Römer (University of Michigan)
•  Miriam Shlesinger (Bar Ilan University, Israel)
•  Mike Scott (University of Liverpool)

--
Elizabeth Tanguay
PhD student in Corpus Linguistics