[Corpora-List] indication of high frequency

Mike Scott mike at lexically.net
Sat May 9 20:23:50 UTC 2009

Dear Tina

Depends a bit on what you mean, but the 2000th word in frequency order
is  PROCEDURES, it appears 5,277 times in 100 million words, in under
30% of the texts. In other words about 53 times per million words. The
first 2000 word-forms take up 78% of the total number of tokens.

Cheers -- Mike

Tina Waldman wrote:
> Dear members
>
> could someone please tell me if there is a  number of occurences which
> indicates high frequency in the BNC. For example, how many occurences
> per million is a word that is in the 2k  word list?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tina Waldman

Mike Scott

***
If you publish research which uses WordSmith, do let me know so I can include it at
http://www.lexically.net/wordsmith/corpus_linguistics_links/papers_using_wordsmith.htm
***
School of English
University of Liverpool