[Corpora-List] Cobuild Grammar Patterns: Verbs

Susan Hunston s.e.hunston at bham.ac.uk
Fri May 15 13:51:43 UTC 2009

I am pleased to announce that the Centre for Corpus Research at the
University of Birmingham has made available online the book 'Grammar
Patterns 1: Verbs', originally published in 1996 by Collins Cobuild and
now out of print. It can be found by going to:

http://www.corpus.bham.ac.uk/publications/index.shtml

and clicking on the relevant title.

The on-line version is taken from the electronic pre-publication version
of the book, so some proofing errors remain. It is not quite as
user-friendly as we could wish, being a version of the book rather than
a dedicated website, but we hope it will meet the needs of the many
people who have told us they want to buy the book but cannot find it.

My thanks to Oliver Mason of the Centre for Corpus Research who did some
impressive reverse engineering to produce this version.

Susan Hunston

Prof Susan Hunston

School of English, Drama, American & Canadian Studies

University of Birmingham

Birmingham B15 2TT

UK

+44 (0)121 414 5675