[Corpora-List] About Part of Speech in English and Chinese

Taras Zagibalov T.Zagibalov at sussex.ac.uk
Mon Nov 2 17:24:45 UTC 2009

Agree entirely. Your notion of POS involves context (although in an
abstract form). Still you'll find a number of ambiguous cases:
'a mobile revolution': det-adj-N or det-N-N? Whether it's a kind of
revolution which is somehow mobile or it's a burst in use of mobile
technologies? Probably the example is not great (but it does exist in
English), still I hope it illustrates what I mean: meaning is
contextual and POS is contextual too.

Regards,
Taras