[Corpora-List] motion verbs

Dan I. Slobin slobin at berkeley.edu
Thu Nov 5 19:05:47 UTC 2009

Yes, Stefanie - my students and I have been working on this for
years, in many languages.  You can find some relevant papers on my
webpage (see below).
Email me and we can discuss the kinds of verb lists you need and what
you're looking for.
Best,
Dan

At 07:53 PM 11/5/2009, Stefanie Tellex wrote:
>Hi corpora,
>
>Is there a corpus out there that focuses on verbs that describe the
>motion of an agent?  I'm thinking of verbs like "follow," "wander,"
>"chase," and "loiter."
>
>A comprehensive list of such verbs would be a great start. A corpus
>containing examples of their usage in realistic situations would be ideal.
>
>If not, I'll dig into WordNet, FrameNet, VerbNet, and PropBank, but
>I wanted to ask first.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Stefanie

Dan I. Slobin, Professor Emeritus of Psychology and Linguistics

address:
email: slobin at berkeley.edu
Department of Psychology                                phone
(Dept):  1-510-642-5292
3210 Tolman #1650                                       phone (home):
1-510-848-1769
University of California                                        fax:
1-510-642-5293
Berkeley, CA 94720-1650,
USA
<http://psychology.berkeley.edu/faculty/profiles/dslobin.html>http://psychology.berkeley.edu/faculty/profiles/dslobin.html