[Corpora-List] BNC n-grams

Serge Sharoff s.sharoff at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Nov 10 15:13:17 UTC 2009

Hi Mark,
> I just wanted to know whether it had already been done, and whether
> people would find the data useful. Based on the lack of responses, it
> looks like it wouldn't be all that useful.
just to resurrect to the public a comment I made in an off-list message:
a list of this sort is useful (this is why you thought of producing it
and why I produced it as well), but everyone needs it for a different
purpose in a slightly different shape.  We have to use Google n-grams,
because we don't have access to their index, but for the BNC the source
is available, so it's much easier to adapt the list to what an
individual researcher needs.

Best,
Serge