[Corpora-List] Proposal for initiating a global non continentalArabic Language Academy

Mcenery, Tony eiaamme at exchange.lancs.ac.uk
Mon Nov 16 13:54:55 UTC 2009

Dear Hamed,

An interesting idea – I think most people would certainly welcome the development of a trans-national language academy for a trans-national language. But would it not be better if your goal was to build an academy for all speakers of Arabic, whether they are Muslim or not? I think that would be quite in line with the finest historical examples of inclusiveness in scholarship in the Arabic speaking world. Best,

Tony