[Corpora-List] Child and teenage language

Linguistic Data Consortium ldc at ldc.upenn.edu
Mon Nov 30 21:54:08 UTC 2009

Hi Simone,

You may want to consider the CSLU:  Kids' Speech database:

http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/Catalog/CatalogEntry.jsp?catalogId=LDC2007S18

CSLU:   Kids' Speech contains spontaneous and prompted speech from 1100
US children in grades kindergarten through 10 (~ages 5-16).  It can be
obtained from either CSLU or LDC.

Best,

Ilya

Simone Löhndorf wrote:
> Dear corpora-list members,
>
> I'm a Ph.D. student in linguistics searching for English child and teenage language corpora. I currently work with the CHILDES database, PoW (Polytechnic of  Wales) and COLT (The Bergen Corpus of London Teenage Language), but I am in need for more data. I'm interested both in spoken and written language. If you know about any such resources, I would be very grateful if let me know!
>
> Best wishes,
> Simone Löhndorf - Lund University, Sweden (simone.lohndorf at ling.lu.se)

Ilya Ahtaridis
Membership Coordinator
Linguistic Data Consortium                  Phone: 1 (215) 573-1275
University of Pennsylvania                    Fax: 1 (215) 573-2175
3600 Market St., Suite 810                        ldc at ldc.upenn.edu
Philadelphia, PA 19104 USA                 http://www.ldc.upenn.edu