[Corpora-List] JOB: Research positions available at Unifob AKSIS in Bergen, Norway

Knut Hofland Knut.Hofland at aksis.uib.no
Wed Oct 14 10:13:03 UTC 2009

Research positions available at Unifob AKSIS in Bergen, Norway

Unifob (www.unifob.uib.no) is a research company with over 500 research
staff from more than 30 nations and a turnover of NOK 450 million (ca. 50
million Euro). Unifob's majority owner is the University of Bergen. Unifob
conducts R&D in the areas of health, language and information technology,
marine biology, environment, climate, petroleum, and the social sciences.

Unifob AKSIS, with its 30 employees, is the smallest of the nine R&D
departments. AKSIS' current research areas (computational and corpus
linguistics, language testing, electronic publishing, digital media, and
e-learning) have evolved over more than 30 years through projects and
cooperation with national and international research institutions. We are
now expanding our activities and announce several new positions in ICT and
its creative use, e.g., data mining, gaming, Web 2.0, education,
linguistics, health, mobile applications, and HCI. We encourage
interdisciplinary work and are ideally looking for candidates who envisage
working at the intersection with our current research areas.

Candidates

- with minimum 3 years of experience in academia or industry after completion of a PhD,
- with a proven research record,
- with experience in project management, and
- with an interest in building up and leading a research group to international level

are invited to apply. Engagements can be full or part-time and are
initially limited to two years. Relocation within the first two years is
not required. Working language is English or Norwegian.

We offer a competitive salary, extensive social benefits, a cooperative
and international working environment, and we're located near the prize
winning fjords of Western Norway. Positions remain open until filled.

For more information please consult www.aksis.uib.no or contact Research
Director Dr. Eli Hagen (eli.hagen at aksis.uib.no, +47 55 58 29 48). Please
send application (cover letter, CV, and publication list) electronically
to post at aksis.uib.no.

(published October 2009)

Knut Hofland,                     |  Knut.Hofland at aksis.uib.no
special consultant,               |  http://www.aksis.uib.no
UNIFOB Aksis,                     |  Phone: +47 5558 9463
Allegt. 27, N-5007 Bergen, Norway |  Fax:   +47 5558 9470

//:: In November 2009, Unifob will change its name to
Uni Research and Unifob AKSIS will change to Uni Digital.
Unifob AKSIS is a department of the research company Unifob.
Unifob AKSIS conducts R&D in computational linguistics,
language testing, electronic publishing, digital media,
and technology-enhanced learning. :://