[Corpora-List] Parallel Word Lists

Serge Heiden serge.heiden at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 21:31:28 UTC 2009

Dear David,

From: "David L. Hoover" <david.hoover at nyu.edu>
>> I'll take it that the answer to that question is apparently "no."

We are building a software, that people can download
freely from sourceforge and install easily with a Setup.exe
kind of file on their Windows XP or Linux box , that can
do that kind of parallel word lists.
It will read XML-TEI encoded texts (which is already the
case but only for very specific prototype ones).
[You did not precise what kind of format your texts should
be read in ? Could you be more precise ?]
Of course our platform is supposed to offer a zillion different
features over - and there are a lot of more or less different
ways to build such parallel word lists - so it is a huge baby
to download and execute.
The code is already available even if it is in an extremely-
pre-prenatal-alpha-very-buggy-sssssllllooooowwww-state.
When its state will be decent, we will announce it on the list.
Nevertheless, in case you want to explore a building under
construction (already generating the setup.exe stuff ;-) have a look
at http://sourceforge.net/projects/textometrie and
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/textometrie/index.php?title=Main_Page

Sorry for the first prototype user's guide notice written in french.
If there is sufficient interest, we could translate it in english in a snap.
If you want to build a more simple, specialized and lightweight
windows GUI based tool, please don't hesitate and keep
in touch with us, our code is open source.

Best regards,
Serge