[Corpora-List] English Nouns Classification

True Friend true.friend2004 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 03:45:45 UTC 2010

Hi
I am studying English di-transitive constructions (verb + O(indirect) +
O(direct) etc). The main aim is to explore kinds of nouns occurring at
Object(direct) and Object(indirect) positions after a di-transitive verb.
For this purpose I need a list of English nouns which classify them
semantically or by their domain of usage. I've tried to use WordNet 3.0 to
retrieve Domain information but most nouns does not have any such
information. Perhaps WordNet 3.0 is not very much useful for any such task.
I wanted to ask if there is a resource available as mentioned above which I
can use to tag the semantic categories of nouns occurring at Object
positions.
Regards

--
Muhammad Shakir Aziz محمد شاکر عزیز