[Corpora-List] Training event on GATE: the widely used open-source NLP platform (May 10-14, Sheffield, UK)

Genevieve Gorrell g.gorrell at sheffield.ac.uk
Tue Apr 6 11:02:25 UTC 2010

We have extended the registration deadline for the forthcoming GATE
training course to April 30th 2010.

GATE is an open-source NLP framework and a set of free multi-lingual NLP
components, including named entity recognition, information extraction,
parsing, ontologies, semantic annotation, sentiment analysis, and
evaluation. The software is used widely both by researchers and
companies alike and has a large, active user community.

Further details on the material to be covered:
https://gate.ac.uk/family/training.html

Registration, travel and accommodation:
http://gate.ac.uk/conferences/fig/fig2.html

If you are a researcher using GATE or a company looking to train their
staff in text analytics, you may also be interested in our optional
certification exam.

We also offer companies a sponsorship package; please contact me for
details.

Looking forward to welcoming you in Sheffield!