[Corpora-List] Please Respond!

Linda Bawcom linda.bawcom at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 6 21:36:34 UTC 2010

I got one of these supposedly from my sister.  For those of us who are
accustomed to dealing with foreign students and thus recognize mistakes, scams
such as these  (i.e. banks, IRS, password problems) are easy to spot. My niece
reported this to the police. The concern is how the person managed to get the
contact addresses. I had heard that if you begin your e-mail contact list with
000 (something like 0000 at somemadeupURL.com )then it is more difficult to get the
rest of your contact list, but I don't know if that's true (or any longer true).

Best,
Linda