[Corpora-List] Average Daily Word Exposure

Ali SH asaegyn+out at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 15:10:46 UTC 2010

Hi Alexander,

I agree with the contextually and literacy factors. Which is why I focus on
the "average" North American adult. Note as well, I'm only looking at words
*exposed*. One can certainly refine that into processed words, but I'm
thinking all the words that a person is literally exposed. You are walking
down the street, all the signs, ads , billboards you see. You are in busy
street, all the words that you can hear etc.

And I suspect that over a population, the distribution of word exposure
tends to a Gaussian.

Anyhow, thanks for the link.

Best,
Ali