[Corpora-List] corpora of UK politicians' speeches

Rayson, Paul rayson at exchange.lancs.ac.uk
Wed Aug 18 08:07:35 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm interested in finding corpora or similar collections or pointers to
politicians' speeches, ideally transcribed already. The main
requirements are:

UK Government or similar official figures e.g. senior police

Last 10 years

Speech or verbatim transcript

We're already looked in the obvious places e.g. govt websites and will
consider lexis-nexis and Hansard, but we're looking for recommendations

of other sources. Does anyone knew of good general archives for these?

Please reply off list and I will summarise in a few weeks.

Thanks,

Paul.

Dr. Paul Rayson

Director of UCREL and Lecturer in Computer Science

School of Computing and Communications, Infolab21, Lancaster University,
Lancaster, LA1 4WA, UK.

Web: http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/~paul/

Tel: +44 1524 510357 Fax: +44 1524 510492