[Corpora-List] Average Daily Word Exposure

Ali SH asaegyn+out at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 14:12:32 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses. I got a number of offline responses, here is a
collation of all the pointers I received.
While there doesn't seem to be one conclusive or even complete study,
piecing together various studies I think gives a pretty good estimate. See
the second blog post below for a fairly thorough (and sourced!) analysis.

====
Brett Reynolds:

All I can offer you is my own back-of-the-envelope calculation here:

<
http://english-jack.blogspot.com/2007/07/idioms-interpreting-frequencies.html

Best,
Brett

====

a comment on his post, also led to this very interesting blog as well (with
relevant information):
http://learnalanguageortwo.blogspot.com/2009/06/alls-well-in-tv-land.html

===

There is also the Human Speechome Project
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Speechome_Project

and lastly the links provided by Marco below.

Cheers,
Ali

--
www.reseed.ca