[Corpora-List] temporary post available

Antoinette Renouf Antoinette.Renouf at bcu.ac.uk
Mon Aug 23 09:47:44 UTC 2010

Dear Colleagues
I have received the following request from the University of Paderborn. Please reply to Christoph Ehland directly if you are interested in taking it further.
Thank you
Antoinette Renouf

----------------------
I am writing to you with a rather urgent question: we are looking for a replacement professor in English linguistics for this winter (October to March). We are still unable to appoint a permanent professor for the chair of linguistics in our department so that we are now concentrating on the search for somebody qualified to teach at professorial level for six months. Do you happen to know some English linguists who are currently looking for a temporary job opening? The teaching load is 9 hours a week (4.5 seminars), the position is supported by a secretary, two research students and one lecturer.
- - -
The position we have to find a replacement for is the Chair of English Linguistics. Ideally, the person willing and able to take on the responsibilities for six months would work synchronically and diachronically in the field of English linguistics. Native speaker is not essential - but it needs to be an English linguist.

Prof. Dr. Christoph Ehland
cehland at mail.uni-paderborn.de
Institut f. Anglistik/Amerikanistik                      Department of English
Universität Paderborn                                  University of Paderborn
Warburger Straße 100                                     Warburger Strasse 100
33098 Paderborn                                                33098 Paderborn
Germany                                                                Germany

Tel. #49(0)5251-60-2860                               Phone #49(0)5251-60-2860
Fax. #49(0)5251-60-2841                               Fax   #49(0)5251-60-2841