[Corpora-List] Call for Speakers: 2011 Sentiment Analysis Symposium

Seth Grimes grimes at altaplana.com
Mon Dec 6 19:46:40 UTC 2010

Call for Speakers: 2011 Sentiment Analysis Symposium

SAS11 is a unique conference that bridges the business and science of
sentiment analysis, slated for April 12, 2011 in New York.

Speaking proposals for 35-minute presentations and 5-minute lightning
talks are due by January 7, 2011. For more information and to submit your
proposal, please visit http://sentimentsymposium.com/ .

Presentation proposals from end users, analysts, researchers, and
consultants in one of the areas that follow are especially welcome, but we
will happily consider all proposals. We do aim for a "no-vendors" policy
to minimize product sales pitches from the podium. Vendors are welcome to
propose lightning talks.

Topic examples:

     * Accuracy challenges
     * Beyond polarity: emotion, mood, attitude, and intent
     * Brand and reputation management
     * Competitive and market intelligence
     * Content enrichment
     * Contextual advertising
     * Enterprise Feedback Management: Surveys, E-mail, contact center, warranty claims, ...
     * Influencers and influence: sentiment diffusion
     * Media analysis
     * Opinion mining
     * People-focused sentiment analysis
     * Sentiment and Search
     * Semantics, Web 3.0, and the Semantic Web
     * Speech/audio analytics
     * Social media analysis
     * The sentiment software/services marketplace
     * Visualization
     * Voice of the Customer / Patient / Market

Please submit your proposal by Friday, January 7, 2011. We will aim to
notify you by January 17 whether your proposal is accepted.  Selected
speakers -- one per presentation -- will receive a free conference pass.

Lightning Talks

If you're from a solution provider -- a start-up or established vendor -
please consider submitting a proposal for a lightning talk -- a 5 minute
presentation/demo of your sentiment-analysis technology, solution, or
service -- length to be determined based on the number of accepted
submissions. Just use the form to tell us who you are and what you propose
to demonstrate.