[Corpora-List] BioNLP Shared Task 2011: Call for Supporting Analyses

Jin-Dong Kim jdkim at dbcls.rois.ac.jp
Wed Dec 15 05:52:50 UTC 2010

(Apologies for multiple postings)

BioNLP Shared Task 2011: Call for Supporting Analyses

The main tasks of the BioNLP Shared Task 2011, a biomedical
domain information extraction task, have recently started and
will run until early March 2011. Following the practice of the
BioNLP 2009 shared task, the task organizers would like to
provide participants automatic analyses from various NLP tools
for use in addressing the task.

We would like to extend an open call to any groups and
individuals involved in NLP/IE method development to provide
analyses of the shared task texts using their tools to the task
participants. In return, shared task participants are requested
to cite the manuscripts describing the tools they apply in their
systems. By providing access to the analyses of multiple
tools (e.g. parsers), we also expect to gain insight into the
relative benefits of various methods in a practically-oriented
IE task setting.

This call includes, but is not limited to

- Syntactic analysis (both full and partial, constituency and dependency)
- Semantic role labeling
- Coreference resolution
- Entity relation extraction
- Entity mention detection
- Part-of-Speech tagging
- Sentence segmentation

We would particularly like to encourage shared task participants
with successful systems in the supporting tasks of the shared
task to submit automatic analyses of their systems for the main
task data.

To assure that analyses can be provided to shared task
participants in a timely manner, we ask interested parties to
honor the following schedule. Please note that analyses provided
for the training set must be provided also for the test
set (which becomes available later): shared task systems relying
on specific analyses based on their availability for the training
data could be severely affected by the lack of comparable
analyses for the test data.

Training set text release : completed
Expression of interest : 22 Dec 2010
Training text analysis submission : 31 Dec 2010
Test set text release : 23 Feb 2011
Test set analysis submission: 1 Mar 2011

To participate, please contact the shared task organizers at
bionlp-st at googlegroups.com
by 22 Dec 2010.

Best regards,

BioNLP Shared Task 2011 organizers