[Corpora-List] WG: CALBC challenge II, extension of deadline

hornbostel CALBC hornbostel at calbc.eu
Thu Dec 16 09:07:24 UTC 2010

[sorry for cross-posting]

Dear corpora community !

the CALBC challenge II is currently under way (see previous emails).

We (CALBC challenge organisers) have received several requests to extend the
deadline for the CALBC challenge II. We acknowledge that the processing of
the data - in particular the big set of documents - takes significant amount
of time and we have therefore extended the deadline to 20-Jan-2011.

This extension leads to the result that we (CALBC project partners) have
shorter periods of time to process the data in the beginning of 2011. It is
therefore important that we receive the contributions of the challenge
participants not on the last date but already earlier if possible. Some
challenge participants have already submitted the small data set (175k) and
a few also the big data set (700k). We will process all your annotated
corpora (if you submitted more than one version each), but will focus on the
ones that have the best performance in the challenge.

If you are interested in still joining the challenge, please request an
email for registration to public at calbc.eu.

Best wishes,
the CALBC project partners

--
Dietrich Rebholz-Schuhmann, MD, PhD - Research Group Leader
EBI, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton CB10 1SD (UK)
TM support:www.ebi.ac.uk/Rebholz-svr | tm-support at ebi.ac.uk