[Corpora-List] Simple but powerful concordancer for EAP students

ustcxujj ustcxujj at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 11:58:00 UTC 2010

Hi Nigel,

I think what you are looking for is a collocation extraction tool.

You may find our Collocator helpful.

http://www.sinotefl.ac.cn/uploads/soft/100426/BFSU_Collocator_1.0.rar

This tool works well with raw texts or PoS-tagged texts (Word_TAG format).

Step 1: Upload your local texts in [Settings]. Choose Raw if your texts are not tagged.
Step 2: Set the span (4L-4R; 5L-5R);
Step 3: Run.

Bug reports are welcome. BFSU Collocator 2.0 is under development. There is a major upgrade in this new version.

ConcGramming is computationally expensive, and we implemented in another standalone tool--BFSU ConcGram, not publicly available at the moment.

Best,
Jiajin

National Research Centre for Foreign Language Education
Beijing Foreign Studies University
Beijing, China