[Corpora-List] List of most frequent affixes in English

Jim Fidelholtz fidelholtz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 03:26:23 UTC 2010

Hi, Brett,

An older, not-very-computational book on affixes (?maybe only suffixes) was
(as far as I can remember) from the 80s, author Ljung. I used it at some
point extensively and remember that there were some curious omissions in his
lists, but that overall I found it quite useful (I think I used it to make
up a frequency list of English suffixes). I have the book and, if you are
interested, I can try to track it down.

Jim

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 5:37 AM, Brett Reynolds <brett.reynolds at humber.ca>wrote:

> On 2010-06-15, at 3:24 AM, Fatemeh Torabi Asr wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for a list of common affixes in English.
>
> You can find such a list on pp.400-403 in The Longman Grammar of Spoken and
> Written English.
>
> Best,
> Brett

> Brett Reynolds
> English Language Centre
> Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning
> Toronto, Ontario, Canada
> brett.reynolds at humber.ca

James L. Fidelholtz
Posgrado en Ciencias del Lenguaje
Instituto de Ciencias Sociales y Humanidades
Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla, MÉXICO