[Corpora-List] Charniak parser

Leon Derczynski leon at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Tue Jun 22 17:26:51 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am looking for a working version of the Charniak parser. I have scoured a few sites, tried and
failed to build a few versions from the web and applied various patches, without much success. The
author - understandably - is no longer maintaining the package, but I would like to reproduce the
results in Lapata & Lascarides "Learning sentence-internal temporal relations" (2006) which rely on
parser output that looks something like:

(S1 (S (NP (DT The) (NN company))
      (VP (VBD said)
        (S (NP (NNS employees))
          (VP (MD will)