[Corpora-List] Verb Sense Dictionary

James Vanden Bosch vand at calvin.edu
Fri Jun 25 12:15:49 UTC 2010

Dear Muhammad,

Look at the Collins COBUILD dictionaries; I think that they are very good
sources of basic dictionary information, together with real-life examples of
use from their own corpora.

Sincerely yours,
Jim

James Vanden Bosch
Professor of English
Calvin College
1795 Knollcrest Circle SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546-4404

Tel.: (616) 526-6592
Fax: (616) 526-8508
vand at calvin.edu
>>> True Friend  06/25/10 7:51 AM >>>
Hi
I am looking for some dictionary/database of English verbs like that of
Wordnet which can provide different senses of a verb (as for 'provide'
wordnet gives 7 senses). Wordnet is a good databases but it lacks good
example sentences that can teach a person like me.
Any ideas?
Regards

--
Muhammad Shakir Aziz محمد شاکر عزیز
Masters in Applied Linguistics (last semester student)