[Corpora-List] Chinese word frequencies on the basis of subtitles

Marc Brysbaert marc.brysbaert at ugent.be
Wed May 12 13:32:04 UTC 2010

* Apologies for multiple posting*

Dear colleague,

As part of our SUBTLEX series, we have just released Chinese word
frequencies on the basis of film and television subtitles. The advantages of
the list are:
1. The frequencies are freely available in easy to use files.
2. The frequencies predict lexical decision times and naming times better
than other frequencies available.
3. Good frequencies of multicharacter words.
4. PoS dependent frequencies.

You can find more information (and files with the frequencies) on:

http://expsy.ugent.be/subtlex-ch

Please forward this message to other researchers who may be interested.

Kind regards,

Marc Brysbaert
Ghent University

Other frequencies available