[Corpora-List] Final CFP: ACM TIST Special Issue on Domain Adaptation in Natural Language Processing

Adam Kilgarriff adam at lexmasterclass.com
Thu May 20 17:05:59 UTC 2010

But what do you mean by a domain?  From what I've seen, it could be as broad
as 'sport' or as narrow as 'WSJ stock price reports'  To be scientific about
domains, we need to talk scientifically about differences between them.  The
only candidate method that I know of for doing that represents the domain by
a corpus of texts from it.  So a prior question to 'how do we adapt for a
new domain' is 'how do we compare corpora'  - which, oddly, is a question
that has not received much attention.

Adam Kilgarriff

Adam Kilgarriff
http://www.kilgarriff.co.uk