[Corpora-List] Classification of the 'fiction_prose' genre in the BNC?

Henrik Kaatari henrik.kaatari at engelska.uu.se
Mon Dec 12 19:33:47 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am looking for a systematic classification of the 'fiction_prose'
genre in the BNC into sub-genres (e.g. romance, crime, sci-fi etc.). I
am aware that David Lee's BNC Index includes some information about some
of the text-files in the 'notes' and 'comments' columns of the Index but
there is no proper system in place to distinguish between different
sub-genres. Has anyone conducted such a classification?

Best,

Henrik Kaatari