[Corpora-List] EmoText - Software for opinion mining and lexical affect sensing

Justin Washtell lec3jrw at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Dec 16 13:06:23 UTC 2011

Hello Alexander,

I tried both of your demos out of interest.

For the first demo I used the default options (the movie reviews and Naive Bayes). I did not understand the output, or how it was supposed to relate to the various parts of the input (if indeed it is?)

For the second demo I entered the following sentences and received the following classifications:

This demo is terrible.				low_neg
This demo is no good at all.			high_pos
This demo is far from brilliant.		low_pos

This demo is excellent.				low_pos
This demo is not bad at all.			low_pos
Thid demo couldn't be better!			low_neg

Am I doing something wrong?

I would presently dispute your claimed "undisputable advantages". I am not sure whether your intended customers - who are presumably not language technology experts - will require less or more convincing.

Justin Washtell
University of Leeds