[Corpora-List] EmoText - Software for opinion mining and lexical affect sensing

Angus Grieve-Smith grvsmth at panix.com
Fri Dec 16 17:25:43 UTC 2011

On 12/16/2011 9:01 AM, Alexander Osherenko wrote:
> You didn't test the approach for complex sentences. I always used the
> example "I am very sad if ..."

     I don't want to nitpick, but that's not a very nativelike example
for a test sentence.  I've only heard English speakers use "I am very
sad if ..." in habitual or generic contexts, and even then "I get very
sad when ..." is much more common.  "I would be very sad if ..." is also
used.  Maybe check your test sentences against the CoCA or something?

--
				-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
				grvsmth at panix.com