[Corpora-List] Looking for free temporal corpora

Leon Derczynski leon at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Tue Dec 27 22:49:46 UTC 2011

Dear Samir,

If you are after texts with annotations of htemporal entities,  a set
of TimeML annotated corpora is described on the timeml.org website:

  http://timeml.org/site/timebank/timebank.html

As well as this, a small selection of TIMEX2 annotated corpora were
referenced from a Mitre site, although the page seems to have been
removed recently:

  http://web.archive.org/web/20100817152456/http://fofoca.mitre.org/corpora/timex2_corpora.html

Further, a collection of temporally annotated corpora is described on
Pawel Mazur's timexportal.info wiki:

  http://www.timexportal.info/corpora

All the best,

Leon

On 27 December 2011 21:34, Samir Bilal <samirbilal2 at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
> Please where can I find free temporal corpora for evaluation?
>
> Best regards
> Samir
> ________________________________
> De : Heather Simpson <heathersimpson22 at gmail.com>
> À : corpora at uib.no; cogling at ucsd.edu; funknet at mailman.rice.edu
> Envoyé le : Mardi 27 Décembre 2011 18h53
> Objet : [Corpora-List] 1st CFP: Cognition and Language Workshop (CLAW)
>
> **Apologies for multiple postings**

> *Cognition and Language Workshop: Call for Papers*
>
> **University of California, Santa Barbara, April 14 2012**
>
> The Cognition and Language Workshop (CLaW) invites abstracts for talks
> involving the relation between language and cognition. We welcome talks that
> investigate language as a cognitive activity as well as talks investigating
> cognition as a dimension of language. Talks may involve any area of
> linguistics --- phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics,
> discourse, pragmatics, psycholinguistics, language acquisition,
> computational linguistics, and others. We especially encourage empirical
> data-driven perspectives, as well as interdisciplinary talks connecting
> linguistics to other disciplines within cognitive science.
>
> CLaW is organized by SCUL (Studying the Cognitive Underpinnings of
> Language), an interdisciplinary research group at the University of
> California, Santa Barbara.
> Talks will be 20 minutes, followed by 10 minutes for discussion. Abstracts
> should describe the methodology used, as well as the conclusions. Abstracts
> should be no more than 500 words (not including references), and should not
> contain the author's name or any other identifying information. Abstracts
> should be in PDF or ODT (OpenOffice/OpenDocument) format. For co-authored
> papers, please indicate who plans to present the paper.
> To submit an abstract, email your PDF or ODT file to claw.ucsb at gmail.com.
> Please include the following information in the body of the email (not in
> the attached file) : (1) your name; (2) affiliation; (3) mailing address;
> (4) phone number; (5) email address; (6) title of your paper.
>
> DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF ABSTRACTS: Monday, February 13, 2012.
>
> Notification of acceptance will be by email no later than February 27, 2012
> Information about registration and travel accommodations are posted on the
> CLaW website: http://www.linguistics.ucsb.edu/claw/logistics.html
> For further information, feel free to contact the conference coordinators
> at claw.ucsb at gmail.com.

Leon R A Derczynski
NLP Research Group

Department of Computer Science