[Corpora-List] Re : Looking for free temporal corpora

Andre Bittar andre.bittar at linguist.jussieu.fr
Tue Dec 27 23:10:53 UTC 2011

Hi Samir

For actual original text data, the TimeBank 1.2 corpus is taken from
the Wall Street Journal corpus (and perhaps other sources, from
memory). For the French corpus, the texts are all from the freely
available Est Républicain corpus
(http://www.cnrtl.fr/corpus/estrepublicain/). In both cases, the
corpus documentation gives details of the original texts used. Or, you
could always remove the XML markup with a simple script...

Another place of interest is the TimeML corpus page:
http://timeml.org/site/timebank/timebank.html

Regards
André