[Corpora-List] Open Challenge: Question Answering Over Linked Data

Christina Unger cunger at cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Feb 3 16:34:53 UTC 2011

  QALD-1: Question Answering Over Linked Data
               Workshop at the ESWC 2011

                          Open Challenge

The QALD-1 open challenge is on and question answering systems of all
kinds are invited to participate!

The task is to process natural language questions and retrieve relevant
answers from two given RDF dataset: DBpedia 3.6 and MusicBrainz. These
datasets can either be downloaded or accessed via a SPARQL endpoint.

In addition, we provide 50 training questions for each dataset,
annotated with corresponding SPARQL queries and answers. Later, during
test phase, participating systems will be evaluated with respect to
precision and recall on a set of 50 similar questions. Submission of
results will be possible via an online form, available by February 7,
which can also be used for checking evaluation results on the training
questions.

For detailed information, please check the workshop website:
http://www.sc.cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de/qald-1

And although the competition is tailored towards question answering
systems based on natural language, we strongly encourage other relevant
systems and methods that can benefit from the evaluation datasets to
also report their results.

With best regards,
The workshop organizers
Christina Unger, Philipp Cimiano, Vanessa Lopez, Enrico Motta