[Corpora-List] Do we still need language corpora?

Justin Washtell lec3jrw at leeds.ac.uk
Mon Feb 7 16:36:21 UTC 2011

I expect that phonesthemes hold the answer:

Blark resembles baulk, blurt, bark and berk, as well as blargh and blurgh and other sounds that people sometimes make when vomiting.

Bl also begins bleed[ing] (and bloomin'), blood[y], blight[ed], blither, blather and bludgeon.

I'm am looking forward to the day that computational models of semantics, sentiment and translation explore/exploit this basic linguistic phenomenon.

Justin Washtell
University of Leeds