[Corpora-List] tagger for Ukranian

Natalia Kotsyba gnatko at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 16:52:04 UTC 2011

Hi, Tony, all,
well I am one of the UGTag people and probably the one to explain the
situation. The project is suspended now due to the lack of funding. We
have a large dictionary with info about wordforms, lemmas and
morfosyntactic tags and a program which assigns lemmas and tags to
words in texts. I say "a program" because half of the wordforms have
several interpretations and disambiguation is not done, so it is not a
tagger in the most general sense.
At the moment we are working on both rules and manual disambiguation
to train the tagger but I'd rather not give any promises about when it
is ready. By the way, if there are any volunteers on the list who
would be willing to join the disambiguation part of the project, they
would most welcome.

A part of the dictionary, ab. 15 thousand lemmas and 205 thousand
wordforms with tags, is publicly available in the Ukrainian package of
MULTEXT-East, version 4 at http://nl.ijs.si/ME/V4/.

Tony,
I don't think you ever contacted me or my colleagues about the
program. Which address did you use?

Best regards,
Natalia Kotsyba.