[Corpora-List] tagger for Ukranian

Natalia Kotsyba gnatko at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 09:24:06 UTC 2011

Thanks to all for the comments and advice, it is really motivating.

>> By the way, if there are any volunteers on the list who
>> would be willing to join the disambiguation part of the project, they
>> would most welcome.
>
> Is it intended to release the result under an open-source/free licence ?

Yes, the ultimate goal is a free web-service with somewhat abridged
(for copyright reasons) but still reasonable for work dictionary.
Meanwhile, taken that the interest in the resource exists, we are
preparing a command-line version to be placed on sourceforge, which I
hope to announce on the list by the end of this week.

> If so I know several people who may be interested and will pass the
> details along to them. If you are interested in arguments for why this
> would be a good idea, check out Ted Pedersen's paper here[1].
>
> What disambiguation framework are you using for the rules ? Something
> like Constraint Grammar ?

I am focusing on LanguageTool now, http://www.languagetool.org/,
hoping to involve eventually people with traditional education in
Ukrainian philology for whom it would be friendly enough to work
further on disambiguation rules and other available features. If you
have other suggestions, I would be glad to hear them.

Regards,
Natalia.