[Corpora-List] CORPORA201: First Call for Papers

Adam Kilgarriff adam at lexmasterclass.com
Sun Feb 13 13:25:00 UTC 2011

It has struck me before, it would be handy for the CL20xx series to have a
more distinctive name - saying "I heard it at Corpus Linguistics" sounds
like a category-error (whereas "I heard it at COLING" is clearly fine) and
the potential for confusion is high.  The initials CL are no help for people
like me who straddle Corpus Linguistics and Computational Linguistics.

Any candidates?

Adam

Adam Kilgarriff <http://www.kilgarriff.co.uk/>
adam at lexmasterclass.com
Director                                    Lexical Computing
Ltd<http://www.sketchengine.co.uk/>

Visiting Research Fellow                 University of
Leeds<http://leeds.ac.uk>

*Corpora for all* with the Sketch Engine <http://www.sketchengine.co.uk>

                        *DANTE: a lexical database for
English<http://www.webdante.com>