[Corpora-List] NLP / ML job at Brandwatch (UK)

Taras Zagibalov taras8055 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 14:50:20 UTC 2011

Dear colleagues,
Sorry for cross-posting but I thought some of you may be interested in
this offer.

Best regards,
Taras Zagibalov

Since 2005 Brandwatch have been developing one of the world’s leading
social media monitoring tools. We service customers from all across
the globe, ranging from FTSE 100 companies to SMEs. Brandwatch helps
them discover, understand and respond to comments made about them on
the web, in near real time.

We have built a team of the brightest developers and built our own web
crawler, text analysis engine and web-based user interface. Continuing
our expansion we are seeking to hire an NLP / ML Developer to join our
Research team and expand our text analysis capabilities. Starting with
a 18-month research project with the University of Sussex, you will
play an active role in researching and developing new features for our
flagship product.

You should have:

Academic background in Computational Linguistics, Machine Learning or
Computer Science, ideally at MSc or PhD level
Fluency in object-oriented software development, preferably Java
Hands-on experience with NLP or ML frameworks such as Weka or Lingpipe
Familiarity with Linux
Experience of the following would be a bonus:

Working with web content
Working with large data sets across several domains
Entity extraction
Opinion mining
Salary up to 40k, based on skills and experience. The position can
either be an 18-month contract or on a permanent basis.

Perks

Private health insurance
Monthly and yearly bonuses
Work on small projects of your choice every Friday
Based in central Brighton
Brand new offices in April, with free drinks and snacks
Start date: ASAP.

Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter,
including salary expectations, to fabrice at brandwatch.com

STRICTLY NO AGENCIES